for plant Suwanee
Prepares the master production schedule and works with the production supervisors and Operations Manager to ensure schedule is met. Creates work orders and verifies SAP is set up properly for the production run. Works with project managment group to schedule trial runs while maintaining inventory to meet customer requirements. Ensures work orders are closed in a timley manner and clears COGI.
A strong business acumen, basic accounting skills and the ability to reason through ever changing scenarios are necessities for this position. Taking the initiative, strong math skills, and the ability to anticipate problems before they happen are also essential for success in this position. Actual SAP Experience in Buying & Production Planning. Knowledge and experience in working with Excel reports from SAP, measuring delivery performance of suppliers, and analyzing data using KPI metrics.
Your tasks will be:
- Create work orders based on requirements in SAP
- Schedule work orders
- Issue work orders to the production department
- Follow up with the production to ensure work orders are completed as scheduled and reschedules work orders as required due to downtime/ material discrepancies
- Retrieve work order from production and review for accuracy
- Check inventory for discrepancies and correct as required
- Clear COGI once work order is returned
- Close all work orders
- Create MRP parameters so material is planned to ensure raw material and finished goods are available as required
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Accomplish production planning and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
Knowledge and Skills
- Experience with EDI / Vendor Portals
- Database set-up and management
- Bachelor’s degree
- Tech Savvy, comfortable entering and retrieving data on web-portals, etc.
- Basic knowledge of distributor, retail and e-commerce (drop ship) sales models
- Excellent math, organization, and time management skills
- Customer service experience with superior phone skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced, performance based environment
- Computer Literate – Understanding of the operation of a Personal Computer and peripheral equipment. Experience with Microsoft Office Software (Outlook, Excel, Word, Access) or equivalent. Integrated Operation System (ERP) and design software savvy
- Planning and Organizations Skills – Ability to establish priorities, delegate activities to staff and proceed with daily objectives with some direction from upper management. Good attention to detail. Ability to multi-task by handling /delegating several projects at the same time
- Good communication skills – Able to communicate ideas clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing. Must be able to adjust communication to the applicable audience (able to communicate to all levels of the organization)
- Good customer service skills – Sense of urgency; ability to react appropriately to customer demands. Ability to listen to and understand customer requirements and timely communicate these to relevant parties. Expediently follow-up with issues brought-up internally and externally that could affect a customer
- Can do attitude – Pleasant demeanor when interacting with individuals outside/inside the company, even on heated situations
- Confidentiality – Ability to handle customer/company sensitive information with discretion. Access to employee records, customer contracts and possibly proprietary information
- Sound decision-making skills –Keep upper management abreast of customer/manufacturing requirements and concerns. Ability to serve as catalyst of daily decisions governed by company controls/policies. Understanding of the “Big Picture”, and how decisions made will have a company-wide impact
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge – Attends workshops, seminars, reads trade publications to stay up-to-date with technology and industry trends
- Ability to handle moderate-to-high stress due to the pressure of production deadlines. Must be able to handle high mental effort
- Ability to lift/push up to 35lbs, occasionally. Must be able to work sitting down in a desk for 6-8 hours a day. Able to work in front of a computer 6-8 hours a day
- Ability to work overtime and travel
- Follow all rules and principles of OSHA; Participate in OSHA compliance and training as required
- Must be able to understand and follow written and oral instructions
- Must speak English
Work Environment & Physical Demands
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in a manufacturing plant and office Setting
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Some lifting may be required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel, or operate objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, talk and hear.
Please send your application to:
GEIGER Automotive USA Inc.
Human Resources | att. Mrs. Lenore King
375 Satellite Blvd. NE
30024 Suwanee / GA